Summer Reading Lists
Suggested book titles are listed below. Children should read for 10-15 minutes each day.
- Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
- Over In The Meadow by Ezra Jack Keats
- Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
- Blueberries For Sal by Robert McCloskey
- If You Give A Mouse A Cookie by Laura Numeroff
- Little Owl’s Night by Divya Srinivasan
- The Night Before Kindergarten by Natasha Wing
- Pete the Cat, I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin
- Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes
- Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready For Kindgergarten by Joseph Slate
Read for 20 minutes every day.
Please read for 20 minutes every day. Choose a book that interests your child and is from an appropriate reading level.
Read daily for 15-20 minutes.
Required summer reading is a choice of any (not previously read) Magic Tree House book, in addition to any books that you and your child have found on his or her Accelerated Reader (AR) “bookshelf.”
Your goal should be to read at least two books. You may choose from the list below or from any book in your AR library. The goal is for you to read for at least 20 minutes each day! Feel free to read aloud to an adult or a sibling.
- Tales Of A 4th Grade Nothing by Judy Blume
- Frindle by Andrew Clements
- Chocolate Touch by Patrick S. Catling
- Chocolate Fever by Robert K. Smith
- Any book by Beverly Cleary
- Any of the “Who Was…” series
- Any book on Saints
- The Bible
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Plus choose two non-fiction books within your ZPD
These books will read throughout the year, so please do not read these in the summer!
- On My Honor by Marion Dane Bauer
- Something Upstairs by Avi
- Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli